- Director, Finance & Administration »
- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic II »
- Facilities Technician II »
- Facilities Director »
- AVP, Facilities Mgmt and Capital Planning »
Wireless Controls Series Helps Meet ASHRAE Standards - WattStopper/Legrand - Facility Management Product Release
The wireless receptacle controls (WRC) series extends occupancy‐based lighting control to plug loads, and helps lighting control professionals meet new ASHRAE 90.1 and California Title 24 requirements to switch off selected receptacles. The solution also minimizes costs for retrofits and new construction as it utilizes RF technology and works with existing line voltage wiring.
"The WRC series is the easiest, lowest cost retrofit solution in the market," says Ryan Smillie, product line manager at WattStopper. "Managing plug loads is becoming an important focus area for energy reduction, and the addition of a wireless solution to WattStopper‘s comprehensive plug load control offerings gives specifiers and installers more options to meet every project and budget goal."
The WRC solution facilitates Auto‐On/Auto‐Off occupancy‐based control of plug loads and includes an RF Transmitter and intelligent RF Receptacles. The WRC line of products come in two versions: for use with stand‐alone occupancy sensors, or with WattStopper‘s digital lighting management (DLM) platform. The solution features:
• Robust 15A and 20A receptacles
• Simple Auto‐On/Auto‐Off receptacle control
• NEMA‐approved labeling
• Convenient override and testing capability
• Works with all 24VDC WattStopper sensors and power packs
• DLM model works with DLM sensors
The products are ideal in a variety of applications including commercial offices, classrooms, conference rooms, copy rooms, and any other space that requires a simple to implement plug load control solution.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- 405nm Lighting Prevents Spread of Infection in High School
- Lighting Technology Helps Reduce Hospital Infection Rates
- Elevating Exterior Lighting Quality for Design
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- Alberta Bair Theater Updates Lighting, Sees Growth