Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
- Property Director (Harlem YMCA) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Facility Trade Mechanic »
- Director of Facilities »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Pierce College »
- Facilities Director, Rural Alaska, »
- Real Estate and Property Manager »
- Commercial Building Engineer »
- Manager, Engineering (WEST) »
- Facilities Manager »
- Jefferson East Falls, Facilities Openings »
Smart Sensor - Enlighted - Facility Management Product Release
The 5th-generation Enlighted smart sensor is engineered with insight from installations in more than 200 million square feet of buildings that have collected 10’s of terabytes of data. Featuring a 32-bit ARM processor with enhanced processing and memory capacity, it is an IoT-Ready Profile 1 compliant IoT sensor.
The 5th-generation IoT sensor provides an upgrade path matching the cadence of building infrastructure upgrades. Through the 32-bit ARM processor and its expanded memory, the sensor has the compute power required to handle years of feature and security advancements through automatic remote software upgrades. This allows building owners to unlock new capabilities as IoT technology and use cases advance.
The sensor also features easy hardware upgradeability in the field, so customers can remove and replace the sensor with a new one during the lighting fixture’s 15 to 20-year lifecycle. Its small size enables it to be housed in a separate carrier sleeve, which allows toolless replacement without disturbing the light fixture or ceiling tiles.
The sensor is also available in multiple upgradable configurations. This makes it easy for customers to select the capabilities and cost that make sense for their current project — whether it is advanced lighting control, additional energy management features or a full suite of IoT applications—and add features through future software updates.
Enlighted IoT offers the full IoT data platform with apps for real time location services, building occupancy and usage analysis, along with support for third party apps and data.
Enlighted Connected features a connected lighting solution with lighting profiles, energy measurement and occupancy information for HVAC control.
The sensor platform features a number of enhancements from the previous generation, including lighting features like daylight groups, which support efficient daylight harvesting, and an astronomical clock, which creates advanced lighting schedules based on local sunrise and sunset.
The sensor meets the IoT-Ready draft specification, which defines a standard communications interface between the sensor and driver for lighting control, driver status and energy consumption information, as well as mechanical sensor mounting specifications in luminaires.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Effective Project Management Helps University Reduce Energy Usage
- Manager's Role in Project Management Leads to Successful Renovations
- How Lighting Energy Efficiency Connects to Wellness
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health