Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
Photoluminescent Lighting - Acrilex - Facility Management Product Release
The Acriglo photoluminescent acrylic sheets for lighting is intended for lighting applications that require complex shapes or impact resistance that is better than glass, according to the company.
The sheets provide illumination without a back-up power source during a power outage, and can extend the period of illumination once a battery backup fails. All of this is achieved with Acrilex’s standard opal acrylic with the photoluminiscent pigment included, or in many different faux marble patterns
The sheets are offered in several standard colors, and may be customized to any color specified, with varying degrees of translucency. Matte or textured surfaces also add to the three-dimension appeal of the product. Sheets are available in a variety of sizes, and are available in from 1/8-inch to 3/8-inch thick.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- K-12 Upgrades That Target Lighting and Plumbing
- 8 Important Benefits of Networked Lighting Controls
- What Should Be Included In a Networked Lighting Controls System?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health