- Facilities Manager »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- W.L. Gore - Electrical Engineer »
- Senior Manager of Facilities, Project Management »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
Parking Structure Luminaire Improves Safety, Visibility - Cree Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Cree, Inc. extends its industry-leading IG Series LED parking structure luminaires to include a warmer color temperature and standard 0-10 volt (V) dimming for better light experiences with enhanced aesthetics and performance. The result is more choices that meet customer preference for warm, inviting light. Featuring Cree WaveMax Technology, the IG Series delivers low-glare comfort and defeats shadows for enhanced safety and visibility while delivering exceptional energy efficiency and fast payback.
“Parking structure operators are under constant pressure to lower operating costs while providing safe and visually appealing lighting,” said David Elien, Cree senior vice president and GM, commercial lighting. “With these new standard features, the high-performance IG LED parking structure luminaires not only outperform existing LED and metal halide solutions, but also offer a lower total cost of ownership while making a great first impression.”
The series offers enhanced performance and flexibility to meet code requirements with new, standard 0-10 V dimming for Cree IG parking structure luminaires that do not include a factory installed sensor, enabling easy integration with advanced control systems to maximize energy savings. The increased functionality allows parking structure owners to seamlessly integrate wireless or wired control systems for daylight harvesting, remote monitoring and occupancy sensor capabilities further reducing energy usage for an even lower total cost of ownership.
Available in 3,000 Kelvin (K), 4,000 K and 5,700 K color temperatures, the highly efficient parking garage luminaires can deliver more than 80 percent energy savings and quick payback of less than two years compared to outdated metal halide lighting. Programmable motion controls further increase these savings and enable a simple way to customize settings for high or low occupancy applications.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Win-Win Outdoor Lighting for People and Environment
- Lighting Strategies For Occupant Health
- Lighting Strategies for Contemporary Office Space
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health