Lighting Control System - Echelon Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Echelon Corp announced at Lightfair it will converge all its wireless and wired connectivity solutions for lighting control under the Lumewave.
“As lighting systems transition rapidly to LEDs, lighting connectivity and control applications can add tremendous value for customers—from saving energy to enhancing safety, reducing maintenance costs and improving asset utilization,” said Ron Sege, CEO and chairman of Echelon Corp. “Echelon’s converged lighting control platform offers options to connect virtually any fixture, any place, wired or wireless, around the world.”
As part of its converged intelligent lighting platform, the company announced a number of new Lumewave by Echelon products for adaptive outdoor lighting control. These wireless radio frequency (RF) products are aimed primarily at North American markets. They include:
- The world’s first Bluetooth-enabled very long-range microwave radar-based sensor and controller, specifically designed for controlling street, pathway and area lights. The Lumewave microwave sensors use true Doppler Radar and FFT techniques to differentiate between pedestrians and vehicles in real time, detecting approaching vehicles at more than 400 feet and pedestrians at 100 feet, and to adjust lighting accordingly. The MWX-LVE-180U and MWX-LVE-90U models have 10 times the reach of infrared (IR) sensors, while remaining unaffected by harsh environmental conditions.
- 480V support for the popular TOP900 wireless lighting controller, featuring a power supply that operates in the full range from 100V to 480V. This voltage range saves installation costs for applications such as car dealerships and parking areas t hat require higher volt ages. These products control all types of dimmable light s, including LED, eHID, plasma and induction. They also offer flexible options in communicating with gateways such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi and cellular.
- Support for California Title 24 requirements for parking garage daylight zones. This capability is supported by t he TOP900 series controllers and LumeStar 5.0 control management system.
- Embedded GPS support for TOP900 series wireless lighting controllers.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- 4 Crucial Lighting Design Considerations for a post-COVID world
- What to Know about Germicidal Lighting and Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Decontamination: How to Harness UV-C Light to Disinfect Facilities
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health