LED Lamp Increases Energy Savings - MaxLite Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Redesigned with a rounder, more traditional bulb shape and offered at a price point under $10, the Energy Star-qualified LED omnidirectional A19 lamp looks just like a traditional incandescent bulb; though unlike previous omnidirectional models, the heat sink is concealed by a smooth white surface on the lower half of the lamp. The new design is a 60-watt equivalent — the most commonly used incandescent wattage — with plans to add 40-, 75- and 100-watt equivalents.
The lamp consumes just 9 watts of power, but delivers 85 percent energy savings over its incandescent equivalent. Producing 800 lumens, the lamp radiates even illumination in all directions using a 300-degree beam angle. The lamp is available in soft white 2,700 Kelvin (K) and 3,000 K correlated color temperatures and offers dimming down to 10 percent on triac-based and other phase-cut dimmers. The lamp is rated to a 25,000-hour lifetime, translating into over 22 years based on three hours of operation per day. Offered in a standard medium base, the lamp installs easily into a broad range of lamps and fixtures used in both residential and commercial applications, including pendants, wall sconces, table and floor lamps.
“We are excited to offer consumers an affordable way to upgrade to LED that requires no compromise in the quality of illumination or aesthetic,” says product manager Alex Truong. “By shifting the design of our omnidirectional lamps to a form factor more familiar to consumers, we are making significant strides toward our goal of 100 percent LED adoption.”
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Tunable White LED Lighting: Questions and Considerations
- Understanding Lighting Controls Protocols
- Should You Give Tunable White LED Lighting a Shot?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health