Alerts and timely updates on education and technologies to help facilities management professionals
Daylighting - Firestone Building Products Co. - Facility Management Product Release
The SunWave SMRT allows businesses and schools to reduce lighting energy use by 50-80 percent. The unit's two thermal barriers provide lighting equivalent to an 800-watt metal halide bulb without giving off the heat generally associated with the bulb. The unit also helps reduce operating expenses by providing up to 64,000 lumens of light and additional insulation with each unit's diffuser component. This LEED-certified product reduces energy use during peak hours and also helps save on air conditioning costs used to offset heat created by electrical light fixtures. In addition to the benefits of possible tax credits, many utility companies provide additional incentives for solar powered green energy products.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- K-12 Upgrades That Target Lighting and Plumbing
- 8 Important Benefits of Networked Lighting Controls
- What Should Be Included In a Networked Lighting Controls System?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health