Ballast Disconnect - Ideal Industries - Facility Management Product Release
The PowerPlug ballast disconnect allows electricians to disconnect power to fluorescent lighting fixtures for servicing without exposure to live wires. Targeted at lighting OEMs and retrofit installations, the IDEAL PowerPlug is available for use with solid or stranded wire ranging from 12-18 AWG. PowerPlug's rugged nylon housings are a bright orange to signify a safety device, plus have unique thumb ridges to provide a superior grip. Contacts are manufactured from high-quality tin alloy.
PowerPlug is the first ballast disconnect to fully meet new Canadian Electrical Code (CEC 30-308(4)) and National Electrical Code (NEC 410.73 (G), 2005 edition) safety requirements for use with non-residential fluorescent fixtures.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Tunable White LED Lighting: Questions and Considerations
- Understanding Lighting Controls Protocols
- Should You Give Tunable White LED Lighting a Shot?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health