Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Director of College Facilities »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Building Services Officer »
Ballast Disconnect - Ideal Industries - Facility Management Product Release
The PowerPlug ballast disconnect allows electricians to disconnect power to fluorescent lighting fixtures for servicing without exposure to live wires. Targeted at lighting OEMs and retrofit installations, the IDEAL PowerPlug is available for use with solid or stranded wire ranging from 12-18 AWG. PowerPlug's rugged nylon housings are a bright orange to signify a safety device, plus have unique thumb ridges to provide a superior grip. Contacts are manufactured from high-quality tin alloy.
PowerPlug is the first ballast disconnect to fully meet new Canadian Electrical Code (CEC 30-308(4)) and National Electrical Code (NEC 410.73 (G), 2005 edition) safety requirements for use with non-residential fluorescent fixtures.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Lighting Controls Upgrades: Understanding Space Needs
- Understanding Applications for Lighting Controls Upgrades
- 5 Tips for Selecting LEDs
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health