Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
LED Security Light Reduces Maintenance Needs, Improves Efficiency - GE Lighting - Facility Management Product Release
Commercial buildings can now rely on an energy-efficient alternative to traditional high-intensity discharge (HID) with EvolveTM LED Security Light.
The light, with a rated lifetime of 100,000 hours, is designed for such applications as outdoor work yards, commercial and roadside establishments, and roadway lighting in rural areas.
Providing similar durability as traditional security light fixtures but with dimming capability, Evolve Security Light has a robust design built to withstand the harshest of elements. Utilizing high brightness LEDs at 4000K and 5000K color temperatures and reflective technology designed to optimize efficiency, it allows users to find the best LED lighting solution for their outdoor space.
“The new Evolve Security Light provides nearly as much light and more lumens per watt than HID security lighting,” says Parm Girn, product manager for outdoor, GE Lighting. “Through its energy efficiency, it lowers operating costs with a higher rated lifetime. The number of times a user has to relamp is reduced, ultimately saving them energy and money.”
The security light provides significant energy savings compared to HID security lighting, which has a lifetime that is a fraction of the hours. The new security light, offered in two lumen levels and two optical distributions, has a lumen maintenance rating of L70 at 100,000 hours, enabling this LED lighting fixture to significantly reduce maintenance costs and needs.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Where to Find Big Data for Improving Occupant Experience
- Effective Project Management Helps University Reduce Energy Usage
- Manager's Role in Project Management Leads to Successful Renovations
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health