Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Services Officer »
- Director of College Facilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
LED Retrofit Kit Offers Energy Savings, Easier Installation - Fulham Co. Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Fulham Co., Inc., a leading supplier of lighting components and electronics for commercial and specialty applications, has released two new LED Engine Retrofit Kits as part of its ThoroLED product line.
The new 32 Watt (W) and 39 W LED kits are simple to install with minimal tools and are designed to replace existing florescent, incandescent, and HID light fixtures with more cost-effective, brighter, LEDs. They include all of the certifications required for easy and efficient field replacement of existing incandescent or fluorescent light sources.
As more building managers realize they can reduce their lighting costs by 50 percent or more with LEDs they have been seeking cost-effective ways to swap out existing lighting for LED lighting. These new LED Engine Retrofit Kits are the brightest in Fulham’s ThoroLED line with low-profile, easy mounting systems that make them ideal for ceiling or wall sconces. They are ideal for general lighting in hospitals, hotels, office buildings, parking garages, or anywhere that can benefit from a low-energy, long-life lighting solution. They also are compatible with the Fulham HotSpot2 emergency lighting system. And like all ThoroLED kits they have built-in driver modules so they can be for custom illumination.
“We designed our ThoroLED Retrofit Kits to deliver twice the lumens per watt of fluorescent lights, and they can be installed in minutes, making them ideal for upgrading large facilities,” says Edwin Reyes, Emergency Systems and Retrofit Program Director for Fulham. “These new 32 W and 39 W Retrofit Kits are even brighter with a more beautiful, higher quality light, and the low profile driver module combination makes it easy to adjust the luminosity for consistent lighting in any application.”
The units are equipped with an integrated DC Engine module and driver combination for optimal efficiency, thermal management, and easy installation. The units are cULus listed for field installation (retrofit) or factory installed, and they are listed as EnergyStar Certified Subcomponents, enabling, if appropriate in the area, rebates to be paid upon installation.
The LED Engine Retrofit Kits have a universal voltage input (120V to 227V) and come in 0-10 V dimming and non-dimming models. They also feature high-density, high-brightness chip arrays for use in Class 2 lighting applications. All ThoroLED retrofit kits have a five-year warranty.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Lighting Controls Upgrades: Understanding Space Needs
- Understanding Applications for Lighting Controls Upgrades
- 5 Tips for Selecting LEDs
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health