- Building Services Supervisor (Evening shift) »
- Corporate Leader- Planning, Design and Con. »
- FACILITIES PROJECT COORDINATOR »
- Assistant Chief Facilities Officer (Buses) »
- General Trades Supervisor »
Washington Hospital Workers Make Masks from Office Supplies
Hospital workers in Washington state have been making protective medical gear out of office supplies and materials as they deal with a severe shortage of equipment needed to care for patients who may have Covid-19, according to Bloomberg.
Among the office supplies used: clear vinyl sheets.
“We are very close to being out of face shields,” said the executive director of infection prevention at Providence St. Joseph Health, a 51-hospital system.
To buy time, Providence infection control and quality experts designed prototype face-shields with off-the-shelf materials: marine-grade vinyl, industrial tape, foam and elastic.