- ELECTRICIAN »
- Facilities Director »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Structural Building Panels - Premier Building Systems - Facility Management Product Release
Premier Building Systems’ Structural Insulated Panels have a 55 percent higher whole-wall efficiency than traditional 2- by 6-inch, R-19 construction, according to the company. Consisting of a layer of expanded polystyrene insulation sandwiched between two layers of oriented strand board, the panels help building owners become eligible for federal tax credits that reward energy-efficient construction and design.
The installation process of the panels also averages 25 percent less lumber waste when compared to the waste for traditional stick-built structures, the company says.
- Movable Wall Systems Can Improve Acoustics, Protect Privacy
- Ceilings Selection Plays Crucial Role in Office Acoustical Environment
- How to Improve Acoustics in an Open Office