LED T8 Tube Lasts Longer than Comparable Fluorescent Tube - - Facility Management Product Release
Super Bright LEDs now offers a ballast-compatible LED T8 tube for office, school and hospital lighting. The energy-efficient F32T8 tube light can be used in direct-wire fixtures or to replace T8 tubes in fluorescent fixtures without removing ballasts. Designed to last 50,000 hours — 5 times longer than fluorescent tubes — the LED T8 tube reduces costly repairs, disposal fees, and the need for replacements. The energy-efficient LED light uses just 18 watts (W) of power and is comparable to a 24-watt fluorescent tube light.
Using 100 powerful LEDs, the 4-foot T8 tube emits 1,900 lumens of natural white (4,000 Kelvin) illumination without the green hue or flickering that is common in fluorescent lighting. The LED tube light operates within a wide 100-277V AC range and has a shatter-resistant glass housing with an internal frosted lens. A five-year warranty protects against manufacturer defects and malfunctions.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Tunable White LED Lighting: Questions and Considerations
- Understanding Lighting Controls Protocols
- Should You Give Tunable White LED Lighting a Shot?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health