LED Surface Wrap Delivers Improved Efficacy, Light Quality - Cree Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Cree Inc. expands the Essentia by Cree product portfolio with the new LED Surface Wrap. The new product delivers best-in-class efficacy at 115 lumens per watt (LPW) and expands the Essentia by Cree portfolio, which provides customers with exceptional light quality and one-vendor convenience across entire lighting projects.
“The new Essentia by Cree LED Surface Wrap is ideal for diverse commercial applications where customers are replacing traditional fluorescent fixtures in hallways, utility rooms and low ceiling areas,” says David Elien, Cree senior vice president, lighting. “It sets a new industry standard for utilitarian luminaires with exceptional light quality, aesthetics, and performance.”
Traditional surface wrap fixtures with 2-foot and 4-foot fluorescent tubes are ubiquitous in both institutional and residential buildings, casting harsh, buzzing illumination that is familiar in corridors, stairwells and work areas. The Essentia by Cree LED Surface Wrap provides clean white light with a low-profile and attractive arc lens design that mounts easily on ceilings or walls. The product comes standard with 0-10V dimming to five percent and is available with an emergency backup option. A field-installed occupancy sensor is also available to further enhance energy savings.
The Essentia by Cree LED Wrap’s category-leading performance meets the DLC 3.1 Premium certification standard and qualifies for rebate incentives that can dramatically improve customer payback. The new wrap also meets California Title 24 and other stringent electrical codes requiring dimming control and emergency backup. Engineered to provide outstanding performance for new construction and renovation applications, the Essentia by Cree lighting portfolio comes with a five-year limited warranty.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Tunable White LED Lighting: Questions and Considerations
- Understanding Lighting Controls Protocols
- Should You Give Tunable White LED Lighting a Shot?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health