LED Retrofit Kit Upgrades HID Commercial Downlights - Terralux Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Terralux, a leader in the design and manufacture of commercial LED lighting and building control products, announces the release of a new energy efficient LED retrofit kit for upgrade of existing commercial HID downlights.
The DRVH is an easy-to-install, high output LED upgrade for 8” to 12” commercial downlights that utilize vertically mounted Compact Fluorescent (CFL) or High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs.
“The DRVH is a high output retrofit kit, designed to replace up to a 175 watt HID lamp inside existing downlights,” says Paul Pohl, Product Manager. “It’s the perfect solution for high ceilings, atriums, and canopies such as those found in airports, convention centers, shopping malls and office buildings. Installation is quick and easy because the DRVH is a self-contained retrofit kit that re-uses the original downlight fixture, less the old ballast and bulb.”
The DRVH is warrantied for 10-years, even in 24/7 run-time applications, removing the disruption associated with regular replacement of traditional CFL or HID lamps and ballasts.
All models are Energy Star certified as Luminaire Retrofit Kits, which qualifies them for lucrative utility rebates. It is UL1598C certified as an LED Retrofit Kit, which allows field installation into existing UL certified downlight fixtures to retain their UL certification after being upgraded to LED.
Designed for use in commercial applications, DRVH is available in three light outputs (2000, 2500 or 3000 lumens), three correlated color temperatures (3000K, 3500K or 4000K), and includes built-in universal 120-277V 0-10V dimming, which provides additional control and energy cost savings. A 10-year warranty is standard — even when the product is used in commercial, 24/7 run-time applications.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Tunable White LED Lighting: Questions and Considerations
- Understanding Lighting Controls Protocols
- Should You Give Tunable White LED Lighting a Shot?
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health