Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Hover Mower Features Light Weight, Improved Ergonomics - Jacobsen, a Textron Co. - Facility Management Product Release
The HoverKing is among the lightest hover mowers on the market at 26 pounds (16-inch version) and features advanced design and superior ergonomics, making it the easier to operate in difficult areas. The 20-inch version weighs 36.5 pounds.
“Hover mowers typically maintain the most sloped areas on a golf course where mowing is very difficult,” says Chris Fox, product manager for Jacobsen. “We saw a real need for a lighter, more rugged hover mower that could be easily operated, maneuvered and transported. The HoverKing’s lighter weight and ergonomic handle design make it easier to operate in all conditions.”
Lightweight yet extremely durable, the HoverKing also features integrated handle mounts that stand up to the rigors of daily use.
“During our field research, superintendents told us that one of the most common problem areas on current hover mowers is where the handle mounts to the deck,” Fox says. “Our engineers integrated the HoverKing’s handle mounts into the engine mount, providing a much more durable attachment point that will hold up over time.”
Another exclusive feature of the HoverKing is that it offers a height-of-cut of 3 inches, the highest in the industry. In addition, the HoverKing offers three cutting system options: metal blade, metal edge with nylon blade or nylon string.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- PGMS: Spotlight on Success
- Mower Performance Life: The Finer Points
- Using Budgets to Map Out Mower Performance Life
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today