- Operating Engineer »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
Generator Coolers - Unifin International - Facility Management Product Release
Removable cover plate (RCP) coolers are designed for new and existing power generation installations, from nuclear to hydro-electric to gas turbine power. Applications include air-cooled and hydrogen-cooled generators.
Electrical generators produce not only electricity, but also heat from conductor resistance and from friction losses in the bearings. The RCP coolers remove this heat.
They feature Unifin’s plate fin technology, which provides heat-transfer efficiency. Other fin surfaces also are available. A removable, bolt-on cover plate facilitates access for cleaning while keeping the cooler installed, without disturbing the piping.
A leak-detector configuration is available to prevent catastrophic failure of the motor or generator. The detector senses moisture before it can leak into the air. The Unifin leak-detector system consists of a unique, full double-tube construction, which provides additional protection against possible leaks caused by tube erosion.
- 5 Areas of UPS Failure to Look Out For
- 4 Common Causes of Generator or Switchgear Downtime
- 8 Steps to Reliability During the Pandemic
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully