Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Card Key Switch - WattStopper/Legrand - Facility Management Product Release
Watt Stopper/Legrand’s line of card key switches can help hotels stop energy waste when guestroom lighting is left on. The HS series switches enable or disable power to a select number of electric circuits and loads present inside a guestroom. The low-voltage switch has normally open and normally closed isolated relays that allow it to work with third-party energy-management and/or lighting-management control systems.
One application for these card key switches is to control all permanently installed lamps and switched receptacles in a hotel guest room, except those in the bathroom(s) if required by code. When a hotel door entry card-key is inserted in the card slot, the controlled circuits are energized. When the hotel door entry card-key is removed, the controlled circuits will remain energized for 30 seconds more to allow safe egress from the hotel room. After this time delay elapses, they will be de-energized. To restore power to the controlled circuits, an occupant will need to reinsert the hotel card-key into the card slot.
These switches comply with IECC and ASHRAE/IESNA energy codes that require that hotel guestrooms have a master switch at the entrance of every room.
- Boilers and Water Heaters: Training Tactics
- Boilers and Water Heaters: Maintenance Strategies
- 4 Steps to Selecting High-Performance HVAC
- $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill Preserves Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy Programs, Agencies
- ‘Big Real Estate’ Keeps Aerial Eye on Chicago
- “Putting Data To Work” Toolkit Helps FMs Prioritize Energy Efficiency Projects