- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
Barrier Board - Rockfon - Facility Management Product Release
Plenum Barrier Board improves sound isolation and privacy between rooms in commercial interiors. Combining plenum barriers with the proven performance of Rockfon ceiling systems, high sound isolation – tested up to STC 52 – can be achieved between adjacent rooms without needing to build bulkheads above demountable partition systems or extend the walls to full height.
Rockfon Plenum Barrier Board's foil-faced, stone wool barrier installs quickly above interior partitions. It is placed vertically in the plenum above the ceiling along interior walls that stop at ceiling height. The lightweight material is easy to cut and lift into position. It conforms around pipes and ducts, and expands and contracts with deflection.
In addition to its acoustic qualities, stone wool resists humidity, fire and water. It has no nutritional value and therefore, it provides no sustenance to harmful microorganisms or mold.
- Movable Wall Systems Can Improve Acoustics, Protect Privacy
- Ceilings Selection Plays Crucial Role in Office Acoustical Environment
- How to Improve Acoustics in an Open Office