Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
- Director of Facilities »
- Facility Trade Mechanic »
- Director of Facilities »
- Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Pierce College »
- Facilities Director, Rural Alaska, »
- Real Estate and Property Manager »
- Commercial Building Engineer »
- Manager, Engineering (WEST) »
- Facilities Manager »
- Jefferson East Falls, Facilities Openings »
Antimicrobial Fiber - Foss Manufacturing - Facility Management Product Release
Fosshield is a bicomponent polyester fiber that safely inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus. The product incorporates a silver and copper-based, inorganic antimicrobial additive into the outer layer of the fiber. It can be woven into carpeting, extending the life of the product and maintaining a hygienic surface, according to the company. The product will not wear or wash off with extended use.
Instead of being applied via topical coatings, the additive in the product is extruded as part of the fiber sheath during manufacture, providing effective exposure to damaging bacteria and fungi. The combination of silver and copper has achieved reduction rates greater than 99.99 percent against a range of bacteria, fungi, mold and yeast, according to the company.
The product is chemical-free, non-toxic, safe for prolonged contact with human cells, non-leaching, environmentally safe and does not contribute to the growing concern of antibacterial resistance. It can be blended with a variety of other fibers, ranging from cotton to rayon, polypropylene to nylon.
Additional additives such as fire retardant, pigment or UV stabilizer can be added during the manufacture of the product, and custom color matching is available.
- Carpet Installation Procedures: Best Practices To Follow
- Carpet Quality Matters: Ways to Evaluate Carpet Quality
- Choosing The Best Carpet Patterns
- Green Flooring: Consider Cork and Linoleum
- How Do You Clean Cork Floors?
- Key Components of a Flooring Maintenance Program
- Olefin Carpet Applications
- Tips For Applying Concrete Floor Coatings
- Understanding The Life Cycle Cost Of A VCT Floor
- Wood Floor Care Tips
- Doing Flooring Right the First Time Avoids Wild Card Costs
- How to Consider Flooring Maintenance Costs
- What is the Real Cost of Flooring?
- Acoustically Sound Classrooms
- Avoiding Adhesion Mishaps in Flooring
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors