- Refrigeration Mechanic »
- HVAC MECHANIC II (Ft. Meade, MD) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Building Assistant »
- Chief Engineer »
Wall-Mounted Boiler and Improved Energy Efficiency
The popular AquaBalance wall mount line of combination and heat only boilers from Weil-McLain now feature an energy saving AFUE rating of 95 percent on the new Series 2 version. The updated energy efficient units combine the warmth of high-efficiency space heating with the convenience of on-demand domestic hot water (combi version) in a reliable, space-saving, easy-to-install package. The units feature the industry’s latest stainless steel, titanium-infused heat exchanger technology, and are ideal for retrofits or new construction in single-family homes, apartments or condominiums.
“The AquaBalance combi units feature an advanced condensing technology to deliver efficient, worry-free space heat and domestic hot water in a sleek, compact design that’s small enough to fit in a closet,” said Mike Boyd, product manager with Weil-McLain. “The AquaBalance Series 2 boilers have been awarded the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation in 2018 - rated to deliver maximum operational cost savings to homeowners and provide qualification for local utility rebates, if available.”
The AquaBalance is now available in 3 sizes (80, 120 & 155 MBH input), in both combi or heat only versions. The impressive AquaBalance 155 size combi-boiler produces a constant supply of hot water up to four gallons per minute (GPM) at 70 degrees Fahrenheit temperature rise. The unit has the power to supply hydronic heat for up to a 2,500 square-foot home and enough hot water to run two showers and a dishwasher simultaneously.
The boilers also feature an aesthetically pleasing design and simple, user-friendly controls making installation and operation easy for contractors and homeowners.
“When choosing the combi version, the AquaBalance streamlines the installation process by eliminating the need to connect a separate boiler and hot water tank,” said Boyd. “Fewer pipes and less connection points translate into reduced set-up time and a more efficient installation.”
Other features of the AquaBalance include:
- Low NOx rated – low emissions level achieved South Coast certification
- Easy to navigate boiler control with digital display
- Simple electrical connection points and plug in cord
- Removable sides for easy service
- Heavy gauge insulated jacket for quiet operation
- Unique 3-in-1 vent adapter approved to readily accept PVC, CPVC, stainless steel or polypropylene vent materials
- Able to satisfy various venting challenges and orientations
- Ships as a natural gas unit, but simply converted to propane (LP) with conversion kit