USGBC Event: LEED EBOM Series: Recertification & LEED Updates for 2012
USGBC Event: LEED EBOM Series: Recertification & LEED Updates for 2012 is coming up soon on 22 Nov 2011. Register now by clicking the title link below! LEED EBOM Series: Recertification & LEED Updates for 2012
Date: 22 Nov 2011 Time: 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM Location: 77 West Jackson, 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL Program Description:
Session 10: Recertification & LEED Updates for 2012 Date & Time: November 22, 2011 from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Description: While the challenges of LEED-EBOM certification are manageable using all of the strategies reviewed in this series, if you’re interested in maintaining your certification in the future, you’ll want to be sure to understand how to avoid duplicating effort as you prepare for Recertification. We’ll review the GBCI guidelines on how to document your recertification application, including strategies for managing tracking systems and performance periods. Finish up the 2011 Series with a summary of the key changes you can expect to see in the 2012 LEED-EBOM Rating System.
Speakers: Jenny Carny, YRG Sustainability Kevin Dick, Delta Institute Terry Gorski, Chelsea Group
LEED EBOM Series: Best Practices & Lessons Learned
Spend your lunch hour once a month with the experts in sustainability, green building technology, ecological services, and LEED EBOM Certification (LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance). This series of 10 seminars will offer you insider knowledge of the LEED process and requirements, and will help you achieve the environmental, financial, and social benefits of green operations and maintenance.
Hear case studies on the strategies used by experienced green building practitioners, gain insight for managing a smooth LEED performance period, and learn tips for successfully documenting credits the first time around. Industry experts will present on common pitfalls, challenges, solutions and success stories throughout the LEED EBOM process. Project team members with active projects or potential new projects are encouraged to bring questions about credit compliance and documentation for answers from speakers experienced in the LEED EBOM certification process.
When: 4th Tuesday every month
Time: 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (Bring your lunch!)
Where: 77 West Jackson, 3rd Fl. Conference Center (2/22, 4/26, 6/28, 7/26, 8/23, 9/27, 10/25, 11/22)
Citigroup Center/500 West Madison (3/22 and 5/24)
Sessions: (Download individual session descriptions here!)
• 3/22/2011 Water Performance & Efficiency
• 4/26/2011 Energy Performance & Benchmarking
• 5/24/2011 Energy Audits, Commissioning & Best Practices
• 6/28/2011 Waste Management Reduction Strategies & Policies
• 7/26/2011 Getting Traction on Sustainable Sites Credits
• 8/23/2011 Green Cleaning & IAQ Best Practices
• 9/27/2011 Procurement in Multi-tenant Buildings
• 10/25/2011 Engaging Occupants & Innovation Credits
• 11/22/2011 Recertification & LEED Updates for 2012
Audience: This comprehensive seminar series is designed for property managers, facility managers, owners, engineers, consultants, architects and building professionals who want to implement sustainability into daily building operations.
• If you are looking to decrease your building’s energy costs and consumption in 2011
• If lowering your operating costs is a necessity
• If you are you thinking about registering your building for LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations + Maintenance (O+M)
• If your building is already LEED registered or certified, and you are looking to implement further sustainability innovation and strategies
• If your goal is to effectively highlight your building’s green initiative in tenant relations and retention as well as in leasing.
• $15/seminar: BOMA/Chicago & USGBC Illinois Members
• $45/seminar: Non-Members
• For USGBC Illinois Member discount, register at www.usgbc-illinois.org
• For BOMA/Chicago Member discount, register at www.bomachicago.org
• Registration is required. No refunds will be offered.
RPA and FMA Designation Holders - Earn required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units. The sessions in this series can be reported as “education credits”. Earn one point for each hour of education, ten points total for the series. Contact Lisa Bluhm at BOMA/Chicago with questions about the process, 312-870-9612 or email@example.com.
LEED APs w/ Specialty or LEED Green Associates - Earn credit to fulfill GBCI’s Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) requirements. The sessions in this series can be reported in the “professional development” activity hours in GBCI’s CMP reporting process. Contact Katie Kaluzny at USGBC – Illinois Chapter with questions about this process, 312-245-8300 x203 or kkaluzny@USGBC-Illinois.org.
Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff » posted on: 11/21/2011