Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Security Notification System Alerts Occupants of Potential Issues
Transducers USA, a supplier of audible signal devices, has announced the availability of their unique Tonelight Security Alarm with dual notifiers: a red or green strobe light and a loud siren. This combination visual and audio alert system provides an additional level of security and/or notification as an enhanced annunciator.
The TRIP-6692 system from Transducers USA provides this dual notification for any number of events, only a few of which are listed here:
- Equipment operations started, halted or completed
- Laboratory operations started, halted or completed
- Production start-ups, completions, jams, or procedural shut-downs
- Process operation events – completions, below or above limit conditions, and more
- Security or safety conditions for institutions, such as hospitals, schools, military and government offices
- Exterior perimeter intrusion
- Access control intrusion notification
- Mobile alerts
- Area lockouts
- “All Clear” notification
- Other conditions threatening life safety
The siren and strobe light alerts on the Tonelight Security Alarm can operate simultaneously or separately, and the sound can be delayed for workspace-friendly warnings. This gives workers time to respond to the visual alert before the audible siren begins – perfect for restaurant kitchens, factory floors or other environments where excess noise is undesirable.
- TRIP-6692R includes a red lens, and the siren and strobe light operate together.
- TRIP-6692LG includes a green lens, and the siren and strobe light operate together.
- TRIP-6692RLS includes a red lens, and the siren and strobe light are each wired individually for separate operation.
Available in a lightweight and space-saving package of 5” x 3” x 1.5”, the TRIP-6692R weighs only four ounces. The alarm generates over 100dB at 30 cm of wave siren output, along with its red strobe light with an operating frequency range of 2.4 – 3.7 kHz. The package includes a 2-wire lead and a 3-wire lead (TRIP-6692RLS) and is configured for industry-standard junction box panel mounting.
Product specifications include:
- Rated Voltage: 12VDC
- Operating Voltage: 6 ̴15VDC
- Max. Rated Current: 300mA
- Operating Frequency 2.4-3.7 KHz
- Min. Sound Pressure Level: 110dB +/- 3dB