- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
- Space Management Specialist »
Sealed Air: Diversey Care Division's Solutions Help University of South Carolina Achieve Sustainability Goals
Charlotte, N.C. — Feb. 8, 2016 — With 25 residence halls on its main campus, the University of South Carolina (UofSC) maintains more than 1.1 million square feet of student living space. To support its Green Cleaning Program, University Housing has introduced a variety of solutions from Sealed Air’s Diversey Care division that help reduce water consumption, landfill waste, and indoor pollutants.
“This partnership creates healthier, safer, and cleaner environments for students and employees while supporting our sustainability goals and lowering overall costs,” said Terry Perkins, director-facilities operations, university housing, UofSC. “By implementing Diversey Care equipment, concentrated chemicals, and tools in the residence halls, we are able to reduce the overall carbon footprint of cleaning operations and improve student housing conditions.”
To date, Diversey Care has saved UofSC more than $10,000 on cleaning chemicals and tools, and more than $19,000 in labor. Diversey Care solutions that have been implemented include:
• J-Fill QuattroSelect, a wall-mounted dispenser that dispenses the proper chemical dose into bottles, buckets, or floor care machines.
• TASKI MicroFit, which retrofits standard 40-gallon trash barrels to enable pre-wet microfiber cleaning.
• TASKI Quantum System, a unique no-touch mopping system featuring an ergonomic handle and double-sided and launderable microfiber mops.
• TASKI Nano Mobile Work Station, a customizable cleaning cart that holds tools and chemicals to accommodate the way cleaning staff work.
• TASKI Crystal Shield System, TASKI ProSpeed, and various TASKI auto scrubbers, burnishers, and carpet care machines.
• Oxivir Tb Wipes that kill pathogens quickly while still being gentle on surfaces and people.
“We’re extremely proud that our solutions are offering ongoing savings throughout student residences,” said Craig Bell, Eastern U.S. Region director — education and government sales, Diversey Care. “Greener cleaning not only improves the bottom line and the university’s reputation, but supports student health.”
For more information, visit www.sealedair.com/company/diversey-care.