« Back to Facilities Management News Home
« Plumbing & Restrooms
Powr-Flite Introduces New Air Movers/Dryers Developed with Advanced Engineering and Technology
Fort Worth, TX -- Powr-Flite, a leading manufacturer of professional cleaning equipment, announces the development of an entirely new three-speed air dryer designed to speed carpet drying after cleaning and for use in disaster restoration.
The new system, the Powr-Flite Hybrid, is available in two models, the PDH1 and the PDH2. The key differences between the two systems are that with the PDH2 model, up to six units can work together on one 15-amp circuit plus it offers a kickstand for greater flexibility.
“Having six systems on one circuit helps in disaster restoration and clean-up work,” says Gary Pelphrey, head of marketing for Powr-Flite, “or for much faster [carpet] drying in homes and offices.”
According to Pelphrey, the systems have been under development for several months. “One of our engineering objectives was to combine the best features of a squirrel cage design [air mover] with the increased drying power of an axial fan system. This has been accomplished with our new Hybrid dryer.”
Other features of the machine include the following:
· Maximum air velocity of 3,400 feet per minute (air velocity refers to the movement of air over a surface; greater air velocity reduces drying times)
· Very low amp draw, helping to reduce electric overloads that cause blown circuits
· Highly portable design and, at 17.5 pounds, about half the weight of a typical air mover
· Built with very heavy duty and durable rotationally molded polyethylene
· Only 11.5 inches high, making the system easy to transport, carry, and store
“We had some very specific goals with this machine,” says Pelphrey. “We wanted it to be tough and durable and have increased airflow to speed drying efficiency and minimize down time, so people can start using their homes and offices as soon as possible. We achieved these goals with the Hybrid systems.”
More From 2/26/2013 on FacilitiesNet