- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Space Management Specialist »
- Building Technician »
- Director of Facilities - SFPL »
Mobile App Offers Fire Sprinkler Support
The Viking Group, Inc., has announced the launch of a new mobile app to provide technical assistance to installers in the field.
The Valve & System Support App acts like a virtual assistant, providing instant access to technical data, instructional videos, system maintenance and repair instructions, and replacement parts directly from a phone or tablet.
“At Viking, we are constantly challenging ourselves to find new and innovative ways to provide service and support to our installers,” said Jeff Norton, Viking’s vice president of marketing. “This mobile app is a first in our industry, and a true breakthrough in our ability to provide detailed, real-time technical assistance for our products.”
The Valve & System Support App provides a full suite of resources for maintenance of Viking’s line of Wet and Dry Valve systems via an intuitive, step-by-step diagnostic process. Users can select common maintenance and repair operations and walk though simple prompts to keep their fire protection systems in top working order.
The app also provides access to instructional maintenance and repair videos, technical datasheets, and manuals. Sprinkler contractors can request spare parts directly from the app.
“Our goal is to provide best-in-class support through our technical services division,” said James Lake, Viking's vice president of training and technical services. “And now through our mobile app, installers have the added confidence of knowing that Viking's technical expertise is on the job site and at their fingertips.”
Features of the mobile app include the following:
- Step-by-step walkthroughs for common valve system maintenance operations
- Frequently asked questions and common part replacements
- Quick access to technical datasheets, product manuals, and twenty-one new service and repair videos
- “Get Help” feature to contact Viking Technical Services
- Find a Viking SupplyNet distribution or fabrication facility
- Support for the following Viking systems:
- Model F Dry Valve
- Model G Dry Valve
- Model J-1 Alarm Check Valve
- EasyRise® Check Valve
- EasyPac Riser Assembly
Additional systems, including deluge and preaction, will be added in future releases
The new Viking Valve & System Support App is available now for both Android and iOS on Google Play and the Apple Store.