Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Lighting Control Sensors Target Outdoor Fixtures
Legrand, North & Central America and its Eliot program introduced new capabilities for OEMs with the availability of the Wattstopper FDP-301SR sensor. The sensor features a streamlined design for fixture integration and enables bi-directional communication between the sensor and connected driver or wireless node. This is the first sensor from Legrand to bring occupancy detection to a connected outdoor fixture.
The FDP-301SR sensor is ideal for parking facilities, gas stations, pedestrian street lighting, and warehouses. It is compatible with many intelligent drivers including the Philips Lighting SR platform, and when connected, the sensor does not need its own power supply reducing cost and saving space inside the luminaire.
For design engineers, the sensor addresses two critical market needs: a way to add advanced SR functionality to existing luminaries and the ability to offer end-users an easy hardware upgrade without opening the luminaire.
Other features and benefits include:
- Maximum sequence of operations and two dedicated lens options that provide reliable coverage from 20 to 40-foot mounting heights
- Design flexibility as sensors provide two different methods to attach to a luminaire
- Ease of installation and setup through local or remote commissioning via Legrand Sensor Configuration app
- IP66 and IK08 rated to ensure the highest protection against water, dust, and other non-corrosive material as well as against external mechanical impacts
- Code compliance with latest ASHRAE 90.1/ IECC and California Title 24 outdoor lighting control requirements
“Using these sensors in an outdoor lighting solution empowers facility engineers and city managers in the simple monitoring, control, commissioning, and troubleshooting of outdoor lighting while also maximizing safety and security,” said Kathleen Neighbors, Wattstopper Product Manager at Legrand. “Outdoor lighting systems are experiencing a shift from analog to digital, network-controlled solutions. The FDP-301SR assists with this transition in a way that truly enables intelligent lighting solutions while also ensuring the substantial energy and maintenance cost savings the Wattstopper product line is known for.”