- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Facilities Support Technician »
- Chief Engineer »
KOHLER Launches “Interactive” App for iPad®
Augmented Reality experience allows consumers to see and interact with products
Consumers now have the opportunity to “experience” KOHLER kitchen and bath products through the launch of the KOHLER for iPad app. Users can browse the world of KOHLER products and design spaces with this innovative and interactive app. Numerous image galleries, detailed product information, and instant access to both customer service and KOHLER showrooms will not only inspire but also help consumers organize and plan their next kitchen and bathroom projects.
“The KOHLER app provides consumers with the ability to engage with our brand and products in a way that is convenient and relevant,” says Shane Judd, director of digital marketing for Kohler. “The innovative features of this app, such as the augmented reality tools, enhance the experience and overall level of engagement for the consumer.”
Exclusive KOHLER App Features
• 360° Virtual Tour – Utilizing augmented reality, consumers can use their iPad as a visual portal to take a 360-degree virtual tour of a bathroom outfitted with several new and innovative KOHLER products such as the Underscore bath with VibrAcoustic technology and the Numi toilet – Kohler’s most advanced toilet.
• Virtual Scene – Moving into the kitchen, the augmented reality feature on the app enables users to visualize the KOHLER Whitehaven enameled cast iron, apron-front sink in their countertop with the use of image recognition or marker technology allowing the customer to visualize their kitchen sink space.
• QR & UPC Scanning – Using the camera features of the consumer’s mobile device, the app offers the ability to scan both Quick Response (QR) and KOHLER Universal Product Codes (UPC) and provide the product images and specifications for a convenient shopping experience.
• Favorites – Customers have the ability to save locally on their mobile device any KOHLER image or color combination image created by the user – an essential part of any renovation or remodeling process.
• Sample Box – Visual side-by-side comparison of fixture colors and faucet finishes on your mobile device allows for the hands-on ability to make wise color and design decisions, saving consumers significant time and eliminating guesswork.
• Ads & Articles –Kohler’s artful heritage is highlighted through the innovative As I See It Ads and award-winning television commercials in the Media Hub, and customers can be inspired by interactive articles featuring inventive artists in the Bold Mag portion of the app.
“At Kohler we endeavor to live on the leading edge of design and technology and the KOHLER App provides a beautiful forum to inspire and engage our customers,” says Judd.
KOHLER for iPad follows the recent launch of the KOHLER Catalogs app which is a library of all current product brochures organized in one area. A version of KOHLER for iPhone® will be available in a later update.
Download KOHLER for iPad App - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kohler/id520174796?ls=1&mt=8
About Kohler Co.
Founded in 1873 and headquartered in Kohler, Wis., Kohler Co. is one of America’s oldest and largest privately held companies. Kohler is a global leader in the manufacture of kitchen and bath products, engines and power generation systems, tile and home interiors, and an international host to award-winning hospitality and world-class golf destinations.
Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff » posted on: 8/28/2012