Goulds Water Technology Introduces the Aquavar SPD Plus Variable Speed Pump Controller
MORTON GROVE, Ill. – Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, introduces the Aquavar SPD Plus variable speed pump controller. Designed for the professional pump installer and built for demanding conditions in a wide range of applications, the SPD Plus enhances the Goulds Water Technology product line of variable speed pump controllers.
The SPD Plus was developed specifically for commercial submersible and above ground centrifugal pumps. The SPD Plus adjusts motor speed to match the hydraulic needs of the system and maintain pressure, substantially reduces energy draw during lower flow and allows the pump to run at its highest efficiency. Additional features include:
• Easy Set-up – a pre-set for submersible or surface motor characteristics and pre-wired and tested transducer. Total set up time is less than 30 minutes.
• True Motor Match – The SPD Plus is rated for the higher amp requirements typical of submersible pumps.
• Dual Phase Input – 230V drives can be used on either three phase or single phase power supplies. Drives are UL listed for either configuration.
• Flexible enclosure offerings NEMA 1 and 3R – Outdoor rated enclosures rated to 122oF, without de-rating the drive and indoor rated enclosure providing flexibility for use indoors or mounting within a user supplied enclosure.
• Remote Monitoring – External monitors may be connected to the drive for monitoring pump speed (4-20 mA output based on speed), pump run, and system fault.
• No Water Restart – The SPD Plus has the capability to adjust the time delay in between each “dry well” fault. Adjustable from 10 minutes to 1 hour between restarts compensates for wells with slow recovery rates.
Designed for multiple applications, the Aquavar SPD Plus provides pump professional with flexibility and energy saving for applications such as:
• Commercial Building Booster
• Rural Water Systems
• Upgrades and Retrofiitting
“The Aquavar SPD Plus now extends our Single Pump Drive product range to 100HP. This provides a solutions for installers who specify or install pumps for rural residential home owners and residential home owners who want to improve/increase their water pressure during peak times,” said Kyle Schoenheit, Senior Product Manager, Xylem.
To learn more about the Goulds Water Technology Aquavar SPD Plus visit: www.bit.ly/AquavarSPDPlus.
To learn more about Goulds Water Technology and other Xylem Residential and Commercial Water brands such as A-C Fire Pump, Bell & Gossett, Flowtronex, Lowara, and McDonnell & Miller, visit www.completewatersystems.com.
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with 2011 revenues of $3.8 billion and 12,500 employees worldwide.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all -- that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xyleminc.com.
Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff » posted on: 8/28/2012