- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Operating Engineer »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
Sustainable Practices through Effective Lighting Solutions Guide Available
The IFMA Foundation has released Lighting Solutions, a free guide for introducing and advancing sustainable practices that revolve around proper illumination in commercial buildings.
Lighting Solutions, a free guide for introducing and advancing sustainable practices that revolve around proper illumination in commercial buildings.
The guide is the fourth in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series and it provides practical, real-world guidance on how to implement and maintain sustainable practices and energy efficiency through lighting solutions, says IFMA.
The guide gives an overview of several keys to lighting initiatives, including:
* Building a business case for sustainability through energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality;
* Procurement of lighting components and systems, including lamp type, ballast selection and controls;
* Group re-lamping and the benefits of a wash and re-lamp program;
* Alternative means of illumination, including the use of natural light and daylight harvesting;
* De-lamping, maintaining light levels while decreasing energy use;
* Case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.