- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Operating Engineer »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
AEE Survey: Lighting Technology Top Priority
Nearly one-half of respondents to a new survey by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) say that new lighting technologies are the top priority for their facilities. About 42 percent of the 410 AEE members surveyed report interest in the technology, more than double the priority level for the next most-cited technology - metering equipment, with 20 percent.
The survey, "The Market Survey of the Energy Industry 2007," reports on current trends affecting the energy marketplace. Besides reporting trends in energy-management technology, the survey also reports on member income and salaries and on electricity and gas purchasing.
Additional survey results:
* About one-quarter of respondents - 23.15 percent - report accumulated savings of 6-10 percent from energy-management programs since the program began. A larger number, however - 31.79 percent - say their energy-management programs have produced accumulated savings of 5 percent or less.
* About 73 percent of respondents say interest in energy management by their organizations' top management has either increased or notably increased with the recent rise in energy costs.
For more information on the survey, visit www.aeecenter.org.