Facilities Salaries and Compensation
Salary benchmarks for 34 facilities management job titles.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Baseball Stadium Earns LEED Certification
February 15, 2019 - ✉ Email The Editor
Institutional and commercial facilities of all kinds are striving to become more energy efficient, and sports venues are no exception.
In a first among Major League Baseball ballparks, Oracle Park – home of the San Francisco Giants – has earned LEED Platinum Certification for an existing building from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Oracle Park is the first major league ballpark to receive this honor, which recognizes the Giants and its partners for their efforts to achieve sustainability and efficiencies in the park’s daily operations.
Oracle Park and the Giants received the certification in the areas of: sustainable sites; water efficiency; energy and atmosphere; materials and resources; indoor environmental quality; innovation in design; and location and transportation, according to Ballpark Digest.
The Giants are no strangers to the LEED Certification process, having received both Silver certification in 2010 and then Gold certification in 2015 in the past decade for their concerted efforts to conserve power and water, recycle waste and implement renewable energy sources and programs at Oracle Park.
Programs and measures implemented at Oracle Park to earn LEED Platinum Certification include:
- Investments of energy credits. Oracle Park is offsetting 50 percent of its energy use.
- Water efficient landscaping. The result has been a reduction of more than 50 percent in water use from improved irrigation technology systems.
- Improved water efficiency in domestic water fixtures, including toilets and urinals.
- Diversion of more than 94 percent of waste from landfills through a recycling and composting program.
- Installation of LED field lights for an energy reduction in field lighting of more than 55 percent.
Ryan Berlin is managing editor of Facility Maintenance Decisions.