Facility Manager Cost Saving/Best Practice Quick Reads RSS Feed
Top 10 Facility Management Stories of 2021
December 29, 2021 -
Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Much like 2020, there won’t be too many of us sad to bid adieu to the year 2021. There were winter storms in Texas, wildfires in the west, a hurricane in the Gulf, heat waves just about everywhere, and all the while, Covid continued to rage across the country, with but a brief respite during the summer.
Facility management in 2021 sure didn’t get much easier, as we all tried to figure out what the new hybrid workplace would look like and how to reconfigure space to best meet our occupants’ needs. All the while, we had to make sure they were healthy, safe, and happy with their workspaces, whether they were back full-time, part-time, only once in a while, or some mix of all.
So while it seems somehow appropriate that the top 10 stories this year on FacilitiesNet.com have mostly doom and gloom angles, we are certainly in a better spot than we were at this time last year. Here are your most read stories of the past year. Here’s to a great 2022!
- Exploding Electrostatic Sprayers Recalled
- TikTok Restroom Challenge Infuriates FMs, Everyone
- President Biden Issues Executive Order on Worker Health and Safety
- Amputation Risk Prompts Snowblower Recall
- Worker Dies in Boom Lift Accident
- Trump Tower Faces $12 Million Fine for Environmental Violations
- Ultraviolet Light Kills Coronavirus, but Caution Required
- Florida Condo Collapse Holds Lessons for Facility Managers
- Stunning Visualization Shows Importance of Ventilation in Classrooms
- Baltimore Building Explosion Injures 21 Workers
Greg Zimmerman is editor, Building Operating Management magazine and FacilitesNet.com.