- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
Name a challenge facing facility executives and it’s a good bet that appropriate metrics can help solve the problem. Whether it’s building a relationship with top management, improving facility department productivity, justifying an investment or focusing cost-cutting efforts, working with numbers brings multiple advantages. Metrics enable facility executives to analyze problems and opportunities more precisely, communicate more clearly and manage staff more effectively. Above all, metrics provide a clear basis for action.
This series of articles about developing and using metrics is based on the best practices of leading facility executives in corporations, educational institutions and health care organizations. In a series of roundtables and telephone interviews, they reported how they use metrics, how they overcome challenges and how the lessons they learned can guide their peers.
HOW TO DEVELOP AND USE METRICS:
- Many Ways to Get Started
- A Good Number Is Hard to Find
- Function Guides Data-Gathering Form
- Reports Need Not Gather Dust
- Show Bang, Earn Bucks
- Measuring to Manage Performance
- Solid Metrics Pave Road to Credibility
- Benchmarking — Inside and Out