- Mechanic, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Space Management Specialist »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
Hospitals Prepare to be Earthquake-Ready
December 26, 2019 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Many of the lessons are of the practical variety. For instance, moving equipment or patient supplies to patients upstairs because the elevators are out. Ninety-six hours' worth of supplies is kept on hand.
At Alaska Native Medical Center, the water supply was a focus after Nov. 30, 2018. The facility valved off from the city and started using its own tanks.
The hospital estimates they can last three to four days.