- Director of Facilities »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Temporary-to-Permanent Facilities Coordinator »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
Magazine Releases “Cool Schools” List: Where Does Your School Rank?
October 12, 2016 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
We hear quite often from maintenance and engineering managers that students consider a college’s or university’s commitment to environmental causes when choosing the place to continue their education.
So when Sierra magazine releases is 2016 Cool Schools Rankings, people definitely take notice. All four-year undergraduate colleges and universities in the country are welcome to participate in the contest, and this year more than 200 schools responded.
Schools are ranked according to their performance in the areas of campus energy use, transportation, and fossil fuel divestment, among other topics.
This year’s top 10 consists of:
1. College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, Maine
2. State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse
3. University of California, Irvine
4. Colby College, Waterville, Maine
5. Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
6. Arizona State University
7. Loyola University Chicago
8. University of California, Davis
9. University of Connecticut, Storrs
10. Green Mountain College, Poultney, Vt.
For a closer look at top 20 finishers, click here.
This quick read was submitted by Dave Lubach, associate editor for Facility Maintenance Decisions. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.