Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Zero-Turn, Diesel Mower Features More Horsepower - John Deere Co. - Facility Management Product Release
The new Z997R Diesel ZTrak™. The Z997R features a powerful 37.4 horsepower (hp) Final Tier 4 diesel engine, providing a workhorse solution for customers needing a large zero-turn mower in all conditions, including tall and wet grass. The Z997R is available with a 60-inch or 72-inch 7-Iron™ PRO side discharge deck, an industry exclusive 60-inch 7-Iron PRO Mulch On Demand™ deck, or a 60-inch 7-gauge fabricated rear discharge deck.
Dedicated to minimizing downtime, decreasing cost of operations and improving performance, the Z997R is designed with a heavy-duty frame, features a shaft drive to minimize deck belt costs and flat-free front tires to reduce field downtime. Additionally, a new electrically powered 14-bushel hard shell dump-from-seat Material Collection System (MCS) allows the operator to accumulate material with minimized leakage and extends intervals between emptying. The electrically powered dump-from-seat feature lessens the effort required from the operator, providing a trouble-free solution that reduces the time spent dumping.
“The new Z997R offers landscape contractors a powerful zero-turn option that will maximize acres mowed per hour, without skimping on operator comfort and cut quality,” says Nick Minas, product manager, John Deere Commercial Mowing. “The Z997R excels in the toughest mowing conditions while providing the fuel economy and durability commercial landscape contractors value.”
The Z997R has a variety of options available to increase operator comfort and reduce fatigue during long work hours. The model comes standard with a Comfort & Convenience package, which boasts a power deck lift to reduce operator strain, ergonomically angle padded handgrips and button-in-hand PTO cutoff. A fully adjustable suspension seat is also available for added operator comfort.
The Z997R is also B20 compatible from the factory, offering an alternative fuel option for contractors.
Landscape managers will also appreciate the peace of mind that comes with a best-in-class two year, unlimited hour warranty or three year, 1,500 hour warranty.
The Z997R is an eligible purchase within the GreenFleet™ Loyalty Rewards program. The industry-exclusive loyalty program from John Deere is designed to help customers manage their equipment more easily and cost-effectively.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Getting The Most Out of Irrigation Systems
- Landscapes and Integrated Pest Management
- Environmentally Friendly Practices and Their Impact on Landscapes
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today