- Facilities Support Technician »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Director of Facilities »
- Building Assistant »
- Facilities Manager »
Wireless Mesh Router - Kiyon Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The KAN354B wireless router is designed to support a wireless mesh network that supports the BACnet protocol, which is intended to allow new and retrofitted buildings to be outfitted with state-of-the-art building controls with minimal or no new wiring.
The router is a high bandwidth solution (up to 54Mbps) supporting BACnet MSTP and BACnet IP applications, as well as TCP/IP and HTTP protocols, thus enabling a broader range of building systems and devices to communicate over the same network
Other features of the KAN345B Mesh Router include:
—A hardware platform that provides plug-and-play connectivity across any compatible building automation device.
—Network management software that provides facility managers with the ability to install, manage and monitor its building systems from anywhere in the building.
—Secure wireless networking, compatible with standard data encryption protocols.
—Self-healing, fast fail-over capabilities that enable routers to seamlessly re-route over alternate pathways if a link is interrupted.
—Improved coverage that extends range well beyond the wired infrastructure, including connecting multiple buildings to a centralized system.
—The units run on a common 24 volt power supply.
- How to Decide Where to Locate Electrical Generators
- Smart Grid Goes Mainstream
- How Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Augment Smart Grid, Energy Savings
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully