Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Window Thermal Spacer - Viracon - Facility Management Product Release
Viracon Thermal Spacer (VTS), replaces the traditional combination of metal spacer, desiccant, and primary sealant with a better-performing single component.
VTS consists of a black thermoplastic elastomer with integrated desiccant and primary sealant that is chemically bonded directly to the glass and secondary sealant. This technology has been engineered to outperform conventional and other thermoplastic spacer systems.
The primary seal has 35 percent better argon retention and increased stability in extreme hot or cold temperatures. The extrusion method for the thermoplastic material results in a smooth, continuous, matte black finish without shine, perforation marks or seams and there is no separate PIB component so there can be no PIB movement. In addition, edge deletion is placed within the VTS, improving the edge of glass aesthetics. Thermal performance is 14.4 percent better than aluminum spacers and condensation resistance is notably higher.
VTS is available in a range of thicknesses for any size IGU up to 130 inches by 236 inches. It can be combined with Viracon’s other fabrication options including lamination, silk-screen or digital print, and the broad selection of Viracon’s proprietary glass coatings that can be applied to a variety of tinted substrates.
- General Window Maintenance Tips: What To Look For
- How Window Security Film Works
- Solar Window Films As An Energy Efficient Retrofit
- Window Ratings: The Key to Understanding Window Efficiency
- 5 Keys To Good Metal Roof and Wall System Design
- Metal 101: Understanding Best Use Cases for Metal Roofs and Walls
- Electrochromic Glass, Smart Controls Bring Windows Into the Future
- AAMA Releases Standard for Determining Thermal Performance in Commercial Buildings
- Control the Writing On the Wall
- Cracking High-Rise Windows Alarm San Francisco