Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Window Film Enhances Comfort Year-Round - 3M - Facility Management Product Release
Designed to reject the sun’s heat, 3M All Season Low E 20 Window Film reduces energy use in the summer and makes for a more comfortable workspace. Additionally, the film increases the insulation value of the window, providing increased energy savings in the winter. Another benefit of the product is glare reduction.
“The US Department of Energy and CONSOL Energy have shown window films can have paybacks in as short as three years. With our newly launched Low E insulation portfolio, you get the same great summer benefits as well as energy savings in the winter, further helping to enhance the payback benefits for our end customers,” says Bill Pettit, Global Marketing Manager for the 3M Renewable Energy Division.
A 2011 Department of Energy report identified energy window films as a 'first tier technology' with an approximate three-year payback for buildings. Window films ranked as the building envelope retro-fit with the highest probability of success and have a significantly better return on investment than replacement windows, not to mention at a fraction of the upfront cost of replacing the glass. For the average building, energy costs can be reduced 2-10 percent with energy efficient window films. Installation of commercial window tinting also helps buildings move closer to qualifying for LEED Certification.
- General Window Maintenance Tips: What To Look For
- How Window Security Film Works
- Solar Window Films As An Energy Efficient Retrofit
- Window Ratings: The Key to Understanding Window Efficiency
- 5 Keys To Good Metal Roof and Wall System Design
- Metal 101: Understanding Best Use Cases for Metal Roofs and Walls
- Electrochromic Glass, Smart Controls Bring Windows Into the Future
- AAMA Releases Standard for Determining Thermal Performance in Commercial Buildings
- Control the Writing On the Wall
- Cracking High-Rise Windows Alarm San Francisco