Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Weed Control - Dow AgroSciences LLC - Facility Management Product Release
Dow AgroSciences released a proprietary molecule that delivers postemergence control of broadleaf weeds in turf at low use rates.
Penoxsulam, which was accepted for review and registration under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Reduced Risk Pesticide Initiative, conquers a broad-spectrum of weeds, provides some residual control and can be used on both cool- and warm-season turf. The new active ingredient provides better control of weeds in granular applications compared to other currently available products.
Dow will market the chemical under the trade name LockUp as a specialty herbicide. Penoxsulam controls a wide variety of other weeds, including but not limited to sedge weeds, ground ivy, chickweed, oxalis, bittercress, pigweed, kyllinga, sagebrush, Florida betony and broadleaf plantain. It is labeled for use on most cool- and warm-season turf, including St. Augustinegrass.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Irrigation Issues for Sustainable Grounds
- Sustainable Grounds: Spotlight on Mulching and Recycling
- Strategies and Tactics for Sustainable Grounds
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today