- Building Maintenance Technician »
- Head Gardener »
- Assistant Director of Facilities Position! »
- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Director of Facilities, Quinault Beach Resort »
VFD Bypass - ABB USA - Facility Management Product Release
Even in bypass mode, the E-Clipse Bypass talks continually with building automation systems, including serial communications for VFDs.
Over 45 individual points of data are communicated between the bypass and the BAS system master controller. The operator can also start and stop the bypass over serial communications or force the system into override mode.
The two-contactor bypass features both a service switch that disconnects the drive for service, and a main disconnect switch or circuit breaker.
All faults can be displayed at the master controller. The display is capable of indicating which (of up to four) unique safety inputs have opened. Additional features include run-permissive circuitry, fast-acting fuses, proof-of-flow indication and action, motor single phase protection and selectable manual or automatic transfer from drive to bypass.
The E-Clipse Bypass includes the more common HVAC protocols: Modbus RTU, Johnson Controls N2, Siemens FLN, and BACnet communications protocols. Other protocols are available as optional plug-in cards.
- Adsorbent Air Cleaning: A New Way To Think About Ventilation
- Roofing Problems Plague Nation’s K-12 Schools
- What Facility Managers Need to Know About Geothermal Ground Source Systems
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation