- Sr. Facilities Project Manager, Construction »
- Facilities Support Technician »
- Assoc/Senior Eng (5-yr limited term) »
- Director of Facilities Management »
- Facilities Manager »
Utility Vehicle Series Provides Durability for Grounds Managers - John Deere - Facility Management Product Release
John Deere introduces the Gator XUV590i and XUV590i S4 crossover utility vehicles, designed for landscape contractors who desire performance, comfort and customization. Equipped with a powerful twin-cylinder engine, independent four-wheel suspension and availability of more than 75 attachments, the XUV590i provides an unparalleled balance of performance and work capability in the mid-size class.
“The XUV590i and XUV590i S4 four-passenger models were designed to get more chores checked off your to-do list, in a more comfortable setting,” says Mark Davey, John Deere marketing manager, Gator utility vehicles. “Professional landscape contractors can move around the jobsite faster with a top speed of over 45 mph thanks to quick acceleration powered by a 586 cc, 32 horsepower, liquid-cooled inline twin-cylinder gasoline engine.”
The two new Gator models boast performance features ideal for getting work done around the jobsite. The XUV590i offers operators 10.5 inch minimum ground clearance, 800 pound load capacity and 1,100 pound towing capacity. Likewise, the XUV590i S4 has a 9.3-inch minimum ground clearance, 1,200 pound load capacity and is capable of towing up to 1,100 pounds.
The Gator XUV590i and XUV590i S4 also come standard with an 875 watt, 65 ampere alternator to run auxiliary attachments, such as lights, winches and sprayers, without the fear of discharging the battery.
Operators and passengers alike will appreciate the low noise and vibration levels on the new Gator XUV590i and XUV590i S4. These benefits are achieved by isolating the powertrain and utilizing sound-dampening material around the engine and CVT intakes.
The operator station has class-leading ergonomics and legroom for the operator and passengers. The Gator XUV590i and XUV590i S4 feature a large, 7.4-gallon fuel tank to keep the vehicle running longer between fill-ups. The instrument cluster is backlit and provides critical vehicle information, such as speed, engine rpm, fuel level, coolant temperature and warning lights for information, such as power steering, maintenance reminders and seat belt reminder.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Strategies and Tactics to Maximize Wildfire Protection
- Hardscape Design Requires Collaboration
- Hardscape Design Requires Collaboration Between All Parties
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today