Standard Response Concealed Sprinkler Available for Retrofit - Viking - Facility Management Product Release
The Viking Corporation, a global leader in fire protection and life safety systems, has added a standard response version to its Mirage family of commercial concealed pendent sprinklers. The Model VK492 features a 5 mm glass bulb and is FM Approved and cULus Listed for Light and Ordinary Hazard occupancies. This new standard coverage sprinkler is offered in addition to all existing Mirage concealed sprinklers from Viking.
In markets that follow the NFPA Installation Standards, the primary application for the VK492 sprinkler is in tenant improvement, renovation, and sprinkler replacement projects. When modifications are made to existing Light Hazard sprinkler systems that were initially installed with standard response sprinklers, the NFPA 13 Standard requires that standard response sprinklers be used, to match the original design of the system. The VK492 provides a cULus Listed and FM Approved option for this situation.
Viking’s standard response Mirage sprinkler has a K-factor of 5.6 (81) and is available in 155 F (68 C), 175 F (79 C), and 200 F (93 C) temperature ratings. The VK492 requires the same installation wrench, and is offered with the same cover plate options, as Viking’s quick response Mirage concealed sprinkler, Model VK462.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- Fire Safe? Answer These Critical Questions About Building Fire Protection
- The Hidden Threat of Corrosion in Water-Based Fire Sprinkler Systems
- How to Ensure an Accurate Test Report After Annual Fire Alarm Inspection
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA