Sprinkler Piping Monitor Catches Corrosion Sooner - AGF Manufacturing - Facility Management Product Release
Corrosion is a continuous and virtually unstoppable process that can cost millions in damages, disable safety equipment and put lives at risk. Left unchecked, corrosion can cause major failures that lead to greater overall damage and significantly higher costs.
AGF Manufacturing’s CORRINSITE Corrosion Monitor is an inexpensive and foolproof device designed to monitor corrosion activity and measure wall thickness loss under actual operating conditions. CORRINSITE provides continuous corrosion monitoring, and is easy to install and maintenance-free. CORRINSITE is incorporated directly into the sprinkler piping system where it is subject to the same conditions as the pipe. As the pipe corrodes, the monitor corrodes. When the monitor corrodes beyond its limit, moisture penetrates the sealed chamber and transforms the white sight glass to a fluorescent orange color indicating a corrosion problem and need for further investigation.
CORRINSITE comes in an in-line pipe and mechanical tee, and is available in various sizes.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- Six Best Practices for Fire Prevention
- Inspection, Testing, Maintenance: How to Keep Fire Safety Systems Safe
- Elevators and Fire Sprinklers: Fire Safety Moves On Up
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA