Rental Generator - Caterpillar Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Caterpillar Inc. offers the sound-attenuated XQ230 and XQ300 rental power packages, which use C9 four-stroke diesel engine with ACERT technology. These generators meet or exceed EPA Tier 3 and CARB emissions standards for non-road mobile applications.
The XQ230 produces simultaneous three-phase 480/277 and 240/139 voltages. It can also be converted to operate at 50 Hz with a 275 kVA standby rating. The device features a 1-700-amp and 1-400-amp circuit breaker. The XQ300 operates at 240/139 volts or can be converted to operate at 310 kVA Standby/50 Hz. It offers a 1-1,200 amp circuit breaker with adjustable trip for added protection.
Both devices are supplied with a UL-approved SR4B generator featuring permanent magnet (PM) excitation, coastal Class H insulation protection and a VR6 voltage regulator with three-phase Volts-per- Hertz sensing. A segregated AC/DC, low-voltage accessory box provides single-point access to accessory connections. Both rental packages are also equipped with an Air-To-Air After Cooler cooling system for a condensed footprint, improved airflow, increased static restriction capability and lower transportation costs.
The 12-gauge steel-constructed enclosure provides 74.72 dB(A) sound attenuation at seven meters during full standby load functioning, with an ambient capability of 43C/10F. The enclosure also offers lockable-hinged doors, a separate vented battery compartment, single-point lifting, and two-coat polyester powder-coated finish. An optional trailer delivers full-frame support with an independent tandem axle trailer frame with tongue.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Mower Specification: Understanding Equipment Options
- Mower Specification: Cost Considerations
- Making the Most of Mowers
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today