- Facilities Services Supervisor »
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance Manager »
- Facilities Support Specialist »
- Facilities Manager »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
Rack Cable Management System Helps Improve Data Center Operations - Eaton - Facility Management Product Release
Power management company Eaton announced improved ergonomics, enhanced design and increased rack density upgrades to its B-Line series rack cable management (RCM) and rack cable management plus (RCM+) product lines for enterprise and high-density networking applications.
“These enhancements help data center customers maximize floor space and operational efficiency by providing greater cable capacity and innovative power mounting features to accommodate the most rack mounting unit (RMU) allocation for network equipment,” says Ed Eacueo, senior manager, Data Center Products, Eaton. “The enhanced features of the RCM and RCM+ provide our customers with market-leading design, efficiency, and value.”
Eaton’s RCM product line provides ergonomic, sleek and cost-effective options for standard networking closet applications. The upgraded RCM design features low-profile solutions and common aesthetics with the RCM+ accessories for seamless integration across the two cable management product lines.
The RCM product line now offers a dual density vertical cable manager with a full-height door that is compatible with the RCM+ standard horizontal cable manager, and features sloped high-density fingers for added support with a plastic back gate kit to contain cables. The back gate kit snaps on for easy installation and removal.
The RCM+ enhanced design offers up to a 30 percent increase in rack cable capacity over leading competitors’ similar tier design through its unique, extended-finger, vertical and horizontal cable managers, which support greater rack patch port and network equipment capacity. The patented system’s innovative features include greater capacity, low-profile power mounting, and three color options, including the new Eaton White.
Other RCM+ system advantages include:
• Up to 15 percent increase in vertical manager bulk capacity
• Up to 75 percent reduction in horizontal cable management RMU requirements
• Up to 30 percent reduction in vertical manager weight for easier installation
• 50 percent increase in finger length
The RCM+ product line includes a dual density vertical cable manager featuring a full-height door compatible with quarter-turn latches for easy operation. It has a removable back cover that supports button-style mounting of full-height and half-height enclosure power distribution units (ePDUs) directly to vertical manager, as well as cable spools and pathways. Its floor-mounting bracket supports end-of-row vertical management applications.
- Smart Grid Goes Mainstream
- How Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Augment Smart Grid, Energy Savings
- Smart Grid: How to Integrate Buildings for Maximum Benefit
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully