- Facilities Project Coordinator »
- Facility Manager, Nome Alaska »
- Amazon - Maintenance Tech III »
- Maintenance Tech II »
- Amazon - Maintenance Tech II »
Propane-Fueled Stand-On Mower Reduces Fuel Consumption by 40 Percent - Exmark Mfg. Co. Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The Vantage S-Series Propane 52-inch stand-on rider joins a line of EFI propane mowers. The new model uses a state-of-the-art Kohler EFI propane powerplant that delivers significant increases in fuel economy.
The new stand-on machine joins Exmark’s existing EFI propane Lazer Z and Turf Tracer models, providing the broadest product lineup in the industry, allowing landscape professionals more choices from which to choose products that best fit their needs and enjoy the reliability, economic and environmental benefits of EFI propane power.
Exmark Director of Marketing, Daryn Walters, says an increasing number of grounds managers are turning to propane as a way to reduce costs, increase profitability and reduce impact to the environment.
“Time and again, we hear that fuel is one of our customers’ largest expenses, and increasing fuel costs have put a serious dent in the profitability of many contractors across the country. More and more of these folks are turning to EFI propane powered equipment as a way to reduce their fuel bill and get more work done with fewer resources.”
The Vantage S-Series Propane machine features the groundbreaking Kohler Command Pro PCV740 EFI propane powerplant. The engine’s automotive-style closed-loop EFI system delivers significantly increased fuel economy, reliability and improved performance, combined with easy, no-choke starting. It precisely adjusts fuel/air mixture settings in real time for optimal performance at any altitude, any temperature, in any conditions.
The efficiency of the EFI system reduces fuel consumption by up to 40 percent compared to carbureted propane engines.
The Vantage S-Series Propane model is available with a 52-inch UltraCut Series 4 cutting deck. The deck features Exmark’s patented Flow Control baffles to provide an unmatched quality of cut, and the welded steel deck construction features 7-gauge high-strength steel reinforced spindle-mounting rings for top-notch strength and durability. Blade spindle assemblies feature rugged cast aluminum housings and zero-maintenance sealed heavy-duty bearings to maximize service life, even in the most demanding commercial cutting conditions.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- How to Create Mower Specifications to Meet Different Needs
- A Blizzard of Challenges in Keeping Schools Open
- Grounds Management: Preparing for Certification
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today