- Executive Director »
- Building Maintenance Technicians Needed! »
- MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR »
- Manager, Building Engineer »
- HVAC - System Cleaning - Travel Required »
PoE Lighting and Control - Hubbell Control Solutions - Facility Management Product Release
PowerHUBB is an enterprise-level PoE lighting and control platform that integrates luminaires, sensors, user interfaces and software for a scalable intelligent building control solution. It was introduced by Hubbell Control Solutions, with resources from Hubbell Lighting and Hubbell Premise Wiring. PowerHUBB will support the increasing number of building owners that are leveraging the Internet of Things (“IoT”) through a digital ceiling platform.
The advantage of a PoE solution is its ability to simplify lighting and control installations by reducing the time, specialized resources and materials needed when compared to traditional line voltage installations. Commercial building owners are increasingly enlisting the support of actionable intelligence for energy management and better building performance. Analytics, the process of turning data into actionable information, can have a significant impact on sustainability and cost-saving strategies. PowerHUBB can be scaled from basic lighting control to advanced cloud-based analytics, establishing it as a cost-effective solution for smart building deployments that demand an immediate return on the investment.
Modularity, the degree by which a system can be separated and recombined, is another key feature of the PowerHUBB platform. The installation of PoE lighting solutions reduces material and labor costs by using a single Cat5e/6 connection for power and communication. By using a low-voltage cabling approach the installation process is simplified. Facility owners, like those in healthcare, see tremendous advantage in having the flexibility to make infrastructure changes to support the evolving needs of the real estate. Adding to the cost savings, PowerHUBB can be installed by low voltage installers and it can be easily configured and reconfigured through software by IT personnel.
How it works
The PowerHUBB platform is a combination of software and controls, luminaires and infrastructure. It uses intelligent sensors, intuitive user interfaces and scalable PoE technology to bring it all together. Luminaires deliver quality illumination while reducing energy consumption and total cost of ownership. A system of Category rated copper cabling and components for networking is all that’s needed to meet PoE performance criteria and reliability standards.
PowerHUBB is enabled by a PoE node, which acts as an intelligent lighting hub by receiving power and data from the network switch. This is then passed along downstream to daisy-chained device nodes. As light fixtures and devices are connected to the network, the node will automatically discover and report those devices back to the system for easy plug-and-play functionality.
PowerHUBB is a cornerstone component to Hubbell Lighting’s overarching strategy to “future proof” its portfolio of luminaires. One advantage of PowerHUBB compared to competitors is how the node addresses device input-output requirements, making it an ideal solution in an environment where industry standards are fluid.
- Daylighting Advantages And Disadvantages
- EPAct 2005: The Energy Policy Act of 2005 Explained
- Fluorescent Lamp Disposal: What Are The Options?
- Getting Started With Lighting Occupancy Sensors
- T5 vs. Metal Halide: Finding The Energy Savings
- The T8 Ballast: Not Every Ballast Is Created Equal
- Strategies and Tactics for Effective Relamping
- Bright Ideas: Lighting Retrofit Project Brings Huge Benefits
- LAX Upgrades Indoor Air Quality with Ultraviolet Light
- 5 Ways to Avoid Flicker in LED Lighting Installations
- Advances in LEDs Bring Architectural Performance to Commercial Products
- AMA: Some Street Lighting LED Options Hazardous to Health